Postdoc position on conceptual and philosophical approaches to the dialogue between cancer and the microbiome (2022-2025)
University of Bordeaux
How does the microbiome promote or inhibit cancer development?
- Postdoc position available now (starting from June 2022)
- Funding: Moore Foundation
- PI: Thomas Pradeu (CNRS Research Director, ImmunoConcEpT, University of Bordeaux, France)
- Duration: 3 years, starting from the end of 2022 or the beginning of 2023
- Location: Bordeaux, France, in a thriving interdisciplinary environment, constituted by the Conceptual Biology and Medicine team embedded in a biology lab and the broader PhilInBioMed international network.
- Candidate’s profile: both philosophers of science interested in contributing to biology and medicine and biologists or medical doctors interested in conceptual and theoretical approaches are welcome to apply.
- Salary: CNRS standard postdoc salaries (the exact amount depends on the previous experience of the applicant)
- Main question of the research project: How does the microbiome influence cancer development and progression across different species?
- If you are interested, please contact Thomas Pradeu.
- Application: please send to Thomas Pradeu:
- A CV
- A letter of motivation, where you explain why you apply and what specific project you would conduct
- Two letters of recommendation (they should be sent directly to Thomas Pradeu by the people who recommend you).
- If appropriate, a text of yours that you like (it can be an article, a dissertation chapter, a draft, etc.)
Link for more detailed information: